TIPS FOR MANAGING AN OILY SKIN
The body naturally produces sebum, an oily substance, from its sebaceous glands to shield skin and hair from moisture loss. With oily skin, there’s an overproduction of this sebum which is made obvious by the constant shine on your face, regardless of how many times you blot it. Oily skin has enlarged pores, appears shinier, and is more susceptible to acne than other skin types – because of the surplus sebum which results in clogged pores.
Here are some tips to help keep your skin shine-free for longer.
1. Use an acne-fighting cleanser: Because oily skin is more susceptible to acne, you’ll want to use a cleanser like
Avila Tea Tree cleanser for Caramel skin
Avila Neem Cleanser for Melanin skin
Avila Lavender Cleanser for Fair skin
It keeps acne trapped while fading scars left by previous breakouts because of its antimicrobial properties.
2. Add a boost of hydration: You’ll get this from our refreshing TONERS to manage your skin’s sebum by eliminating anything left over after cleansing.
Avila Calendula Toner for Caramel skin
Avila Hibsicus Toner for Melanin skin
Avila Rosewater Toner for Fair skin
3. Pat the face dry: When drying the face after washing and using toner, you ought to gently pat your skin dry with a soft towel. this should be done with care, however. flattening on the skin with a towel, or using a rough washcloth, isn’t advised, because it may stimulate the skin to make more sebum.
4. Try to not skip moisturizer: the very fact that your skin is on the oily side doesn’t mean you’ve got to go without moisturizing. There are many naturally sourced oils that are absorbed well by all skin types. a couple of them are argan oil, aloe vera oil, Tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, Ylang-ylang oil, Myrrh oil, and jojoba oil which we have. These oils are perfect for softening and healing skin.
5. Ease up on the exfoliation: Oily skin basically means an excessive amount of sebum and what better way to get eliminate this excess than by scrubbing it away, but not too hard. that may just clog your pores and have you right back to where you started. 2-3 times every week of gentle exfoliation with any of Avila scrubs (Orange sugar scrub, lemon scrub, pineapple scrub, and body scrub) is enough to regulate the oil, leaving you with smooth and healthy skin.
If you have any other tip you can share it with us in the comment section. Questions and contributions are welcome as we will love to read from you.